The Easter carrot wreath is small enough to look right on a Barbie doll, but you can hang it as a mini wreath inside an American Girl doll, too. You can also make it bigger if you use a chocolate carrot candy mold.
- Small carrot mold
- green yarn
- white school glue
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
- Acrylic paints: orange, rust, moss green, light green
- Sculpey or oven clay
- mod podge
- Thin wire for hanging
Step by step instructions:
- Cut out a wreath shape in any size you like from lightweight cardboard.
- Smear white glue on both sides and wrap dark green string around and around the wreath until you have covered all of the cardboard. Let it dry.
- Shape as many carrots as needed using the oven clay. Bake and cool.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the carrots side by side.
- Paint the carrots orange and green as you like.
- Mod Podge Clay Surfaces.
- Tie on a thin wire to hang the wreath from a small nail inside your dollhouse wall or on the outside of your dollhouse front door.
|Left, cut-out cardboard wreath. The middle of a wreath wrapped with green threads.
At right, molded carrots are baked evenly around the wreath before painting.