|Cosmetic compacts for a doll’s purse.
This doll makeup craft, an eye shadow compact, is one of the oldest like it on the web. I’ve made our own versions to stuff inside of our party handbag favors…
- colorful papers
- white school glue
- Mod Podge
- tiny rubber band(s)
- silver tape (optional)
- scrap cardboard
- mirror or ”reflective” paper (tin foil)
- cotton ball
- Cut small square, compact sized rectangles from scrap cardboard.
- Score them down the center on the outside of each compact.
- Cut tiny tabs of paper, glued ends together and paste on the edge of the compact to create a closure for the compacts. (see photo) You will need three of these loops. Two on one side spaced apart and one between these two, pasted to the opposite side.
- Mod Podge each compact with a layer of black paper on both the inside and outside of each compact. These finishing paper layers should cover the pasted raw edges of the paper loops so that these ends will not be seen, only the loops will be seen extended from the sides of the compacts.
- Now cut a toothpick to slide between all three tabs. Cover it’s end with a bit of glue and cotton batting. Cover the stem with metallic tape. This is the makeup applicator.
- Using a hole punch, make colorful eye shadows. Paste these inside each compact on one half.
- On the other half of the inside, cut a smaller mirror from mirrored paper and glue this in place.
- Use a tiny rubber band to hold the compact closed along with the toothpick applicator through the loops.
|Left, different sizes for compacts containing pretend eye shadows or blushes.